Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sharing Web Resources

I initially contacted two professional individuals outside of the United States, however, I was unsuccessful at getting a response.
The name and link of the organization I selected is, Zero To Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Familieshttp://www.zerotothree.org/about-us/ 
I selected this organization because I have used this website frequently in the past for research papers as well as to gather information for personal and professional reasons. I find this website/organization to be very informative and useful. The information on the website is always updated and the information and research is recent.
Zero to Three is a national nonprofit organization that informs, trains and supports professionals, policymakers and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers. 
This week’s newsletter that I found very informative and caught my attention was a article and graph describing the development of a child from 30-36months. The graph shows one side of what the toddler should be doing and the other side states what the parent should be doing to enhance the development of the toddler.
I also liked the idea that this organization is encouraging parents to limit the number of hours a child watches TV daily because of the influence of the advertising as well as the development of the child’s cognition.

6 comments:

  1. Betty,
    I am going the make a copy of the article on number of hours a child watches TV daily. It is a great piece to discuss at the home visits, at beginning of the school year. During the Summer time television turn in to the baby sitter due to different circumstances. So a reminder is always helpful at beginning of the year, so that start of cutting down of the TV time will occur.
    I agree zerototrhee.org is a great website thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Betty,

    The organization Zerotothree.org is a wonderful website that support parents, professionals and policymakers on how to improves the life of infants and toddlers. Parents in today's society needs to be reminded that television time should be limited because of the negative advertising and it limits the child's development cognition. Again, thanks for choosing such a helpful and informative organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty,

    I also enjoy the zerotothree website. I use it at work and in my other classes. I found it very beneficial and informative!

    Thank you for sharing the article focused around the television. At my old center we had the "turn off the tv" challenge and offered the parents games and books to take home instead of watching television with their children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty,
    The website you have selected is quite informative. As professionals, it is so important for us to align ourselves to resources such as the Zero to Three since it trains and supports children’s development. We can also share the information with teachers and parents thus enriching their source of knowledge and held to improve practice. Knowledge is power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, I love the information that you shared about the website zero to three. It is very informative and I will use it when I return to work with my families to help encourage the siblings and children that attend the program. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty you picked a great topic with some good information I will pass this information along to some of my coworkers and to those who work in the early childhood field already.

    ReplyDelete