Thursday, June 30, 2011

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

This week I had to choose two professionals, out of the United States to establish communication with and I contacted the following two individuals on Tuesday, June 29th via email.


 I choose these two individuals because I have an interest in the Candian Educational System because I have family there and I have always wanted to visit Germany and have an interest in the country.
The links which were provided in the blog resources was a huge help in helping me get started.
The second part of the blog assignment this week was visit a early childhood organization’s website in order to get to know specific ways in which the organization supports the early childhood community and the resources it offers.  I choose to sign up and become a member of the following organization.
Zero To Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families
http://www.zerotothree.org/about-us/ 
I choose this website because I always find the most current and helpful information located on this website. I have used this website many-many times as resource for research.

4 comments:

  1. Betty,

    I also sent an email to the Canadian address, but have yet to receive a response.

    Have you had any success contacting the emails you sent? Did they give you a response?

    I feel like I sent out many but receive nothing in return. Now I wait to see if I get any, or all back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty,
    I am anxious to hear whether you got a response from your contacts. I tried and still waiting. But I went ahead and choose the alternatives at the same time. There are many learning opportunities through the news leters and websites as well. I am also thankful for the resources given by the college. They are very helpful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Betty,

    The two websites that you chose, Did you hear from anyone of them? I sent an e-mail to the Canadian Child Care Federation, Yvonne Dionne, ydionne@cccf-fcsge.ca,and my e-mail got rejected because the user unknown address. This blog assignment have really made me feel frustrated because someone should have responded by now to some of our e-mail requests. I hope they do real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty,

    I sent out 8 emails and they all came back as undeliverable. I think I found a professor who may have contacts. Have you tried any universities around in your area? I think we are all experiencing frustration. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete