Friday, January 7, 2011

Birth Experience

I have chosen to share my personal birthing experience of my two sons. My first son was born some nearly 15 years ago, where I experienced 36 hours of painful labor pains before he graced us with his appearance. He weight 8pounds 4ounces and 22 inches long, he was a very big but healthy baby. My second son was born some 8 1/2 years later and it was very different. I was induced one morning due to several medical issues which was pregnancy related, blood pressure an low amniotic fluid. He was born after only eight hours of labor which much less than my first birth. He as only 6pounds and 4ounces and 20inches long, he was definitely not as large as my first baby either.  This baby developed serious allergies and asthma and has to carry epipen around. Comparing my two sons, I feel as though my second son has to struggle more in school and I think it has to do with some of the health issues I experienced during pregnancy and his allergies.

I choose to discuss my personal birthing experiences because it was such a joyous time in mine and my husbands life and it is such a joy to bring a life into this world. Its a true blessing!

I did have epidurals with both of my sons, however, with the first one I had to suffer just about to the end til i was given the shot and with the second one it relieved pain on one side of my body and I could feel everything on the other side. With this being said, I'm not as strong as the women of Africa, they have no medication at all to relieve the pain of child birth.

1 comment:

  1. Betty,
    I am pleased to know your birth expereince was a joyful one. Many of us may not be able to say that.
    I must say though that it is not only in Africa pain medication is not given, but in my native island as well in home delivery. But you know what! There is nothing like as strong as women in Africa because child's birth pain is pain. If you were in any of us 'shoes' and you had to do it, you will. When the baby is ready to be born, there is nothing to stop him or her (LOL).
    Thanks for your sharing!

    ReplyDelete