Saturday, November 13, 2010

Passion for Children

A child who has special needs tends to fuel my passion for my job. I currently have a child in my class who is developmentally delayed and requires alot of one on one adult attention. He has a hard time feeding himself, he is not potty trained and he only speaks two word phrases. This child comes into the classroom each day with a smile on his face and he seems to just love school. At the end of the day he makes me feel like I have made a differences in his life. I also have a passion for children who come from a home environment that isn't filled with love and caring, my heart and soul go out to these children and I my best to show them as much love and care as I possibly can during the 8 hours they are in my care.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Betty,

    I can relate to your comments in your post. Working with my Pre-K students makes me feel wonderful knowing that I am making a positive difference in these children lives. Especially, the ones that we are providing care and love that they do not recieve at home. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the book about the "Kissing Hand" is one of my favorite book, too. It is real helful to read to our Pre-K students during the first week of school. Our children can understand this story because they are missing their mothers while they are in school, too. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is quite encouraging to read your comments. It reminds me of the multifaceted nature of our work. You are providing those young children with optimism. You are validating those children. The mere fact that the boy comes into the class with a smile can only suggest to me that his need for love, a safe environment, validation and communication are being met. Can you imagine a special child being exposed to a teacher who lacked passion for teaching him or her? Can you think of the irreparable damage such a child faces on a daily basis?

    ReplyDelete