Friday, August 12, 2011

Blog Assignment: Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 3


I have sent out multiple emails in regards in establishing international contact with educators.  However, I have been unsuccessful at establishing contact; I haven’t had anyone to respond to my emails. Therefore, I chose the alternate assignment.
This podcast provided a lot of insight and further understanding Early Childhood Care and Education, titled: Early childhood care and education: the earlier the better. 
UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova opened the first World Conference on Early Childhood Care and Education in Moscow with a reminder that education is the best insurance against poverty. There is no better way to set development on the right track than in the first years of a child’s life.  With this being said I think we, US Educators have similar views. The earlier a child is educated the more of an opportunity the child has for success.  Discussions are focused on development policies, costs and financing, and legal and institutional frameworks; regional experiences; quality and responsiveness; exclusion and marginalization; and monitoring and evaluation.  

6 comments:

  1. Betty,

    Thank you for sharing your insights you gained from the podcast. I agree completely with the statement "the Earlier, the Better" I feel that children begin learning very early on using all their sense and they rely on those around them to grow and develop.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Betty,

    You chose a very interesting topic to discussion from the UNESCO Early Childhood Care and Education website about The Earlier the Better. I am happy to see that another country is thinking like me when it comes to children recieving their education. The early years are great for learning because their mind is developing and they trust their parents to help them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Betty:
    I love that this organization is working for early childhhood and how successful they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty,

    I really admire the work that this organization is doing. I think it is very exciting that they sponsored the very first World Conference in Early Childhood. I would have loved to attended this rare opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, Great Podcast! I am firm believer that the "Earlier the Better". I believe that earlier children are giving the opportunity to learn all that they can the more they will keep the information up to adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty I agree with you that the early we start with the children the better they will develop their cognitive and motor skills.The more children learn the more information they will keep.

    ReplyDelete